From February 1st, 2020, the BRCGS will be introducing BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 6. Changes have been made to meet the requirements of the new GFSI benchmarking document as well as harmonising the Packaging standard with the BRCGS Food Safety.
You will be required to address changes for your site(s).
Transition Information FAQs
What do I need to do to prepare for my next audit?
- Obtain a copy of BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 6 Standard https://www.brcgs.com/
- Also consider obtaining the BRCGS Packaging Materials Interpretation guideline and the Key Changes document (all certified sites can obtain these from their BRCGS Participate log in)
- Undertake a gap analysis
- Ensure you meet any new requirements
- Update your Management System
What is the transition period?
- All audits in from February 1st, 2020 will be to the new version
Will additional audit time be required to transition?
- No extra time is added when auditing the new version
Will BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 6 audit durations increase?
Will the dates on my certificate change?
- No - your certification dates will remain the same
Will my certificate number change?
- No - your certificate number will remain the same
I am currently a basic hygiene site, do I need to meet all the new requirements?
- No – For sites that are basic Hygiene in Issue 5 refer to the BRCGS P611 Technical Briefing document. It is recognised that sites currently operating to the basic hygiene level of certification require additional support to understand how to prepare for audits against the new Issue 6 of the Standard. The document has tables that provide a summary of the clauses that would be new to basic hygiene level sites with an indication with Y as to which clauses can be deviated from based on risk. The rule for non-applicable clauses also applies.
If you have any questions about how the changes might impact your business please contact your local SAI Global team for further support at:
Learn more about our Food Safety solutions.
Or, contact us to see how SAI Global has helped organizations like yours.