From January 2020, the FSSC will be introduction FSSC Version 5. Please refer to the attached Information Sheet for more details on the changes.
If your organisation is currently citified to FSSC Version 4.1, please keep reading for commonly asked questions regarding the transition.
Transition Information FAQs
What do I need to do to prepare for my next audit?
- Obtain a copy of FSSC v 5 scheme documents http://www.fssc22000.com
- Obtain a copy of ISO 22000:2018 [https://www.iso.org/publication/PUB100430.html]
- Undertake a gap analysis to help identify the gaps in your current certification in order to address and meet any new requirements
- Ensure that any new competence needs are met and create awareness for all parties that have an impact on the effectiveness of the FSSC 22000 audit
- Update the existing Food Safety Management System to meet the new requirements and provide verification of effectiveness through your internal audit program
What is the transition period?
- All audits in 2020 will be to FSSC v 5
What happens if I don’t transition FSSC v 5 by end of 2020?
- Your FSSC v 5 certification may no longer be valid.
When can I transition to FSSC v 5 incorporating ISO 22000:2018?
- You must transition during your FSSC scheduled audit in 2020:
Will additional audit time be required to transition?
- No extra time is added when auditing the new version
Will FSSC v 5 audit durations increase?
- No – durations will remain the same
Will the dates on my certificate change?
- No – your certification dates will remain the same
Will my certificate number change?
- No – your certificate number will remain the same
If you have any questions about how the changes might impact your business please contact your local SAI Global team for further support at:
Learn more about our Food Safety solutions.
Or, contact us to see how SAI Global has helped organizations like yours.