The National Standards for Mental Health Services (NSMHS) aims to effectively develop and implement appropriate practices, and guide continuous quality improvement in mental health services.
These National Standards for Mental Health Services focus on:
- How services are delivered
- Whether they comply with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Whether they meet the required standards and expectations of clients
- Whether they have procedures and practices in place to monitor and govern effectively.
- Especially in areas that may be associated with risks to the client or the organization and its staff.
The NSMHS can be used in both clinical and community settings.
Where the NSMHS is used in addition to the National Safety and Quality Health Service standards, SAI Global's audit approach recognizes the gaps between these two standards to simplify your audit process.
In some states (eg. Queensland), the NSMHS is required for community based mental health services, although the Human Service Quality Standards (Queensland) may also be used.
For more information, Contact Us
Alternatively, email Disability.Enquiries@saiglobal.com