A reintroduction to work and office life is imminent, however, it can be dangerous if mishandled. Employers have a responsibility to protect the health and safety of employees, and minimise future business impact of COVID-19. Planning is key to a safe transition to the "new normal".
On May 26, SAI Global Assurance launched the first live Q&A in a series to support businesses safely return to work.
Our expert, Kiran Bhagat - Global Technical Scheme Owner for Quality and Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems, answers the following questions:
- Can you give us an overview of the steps we should take before returning to work?
- Is a phased approach better than allowing all employees back at the same time?
- What are some things we should consider in our Risk Assessment?
- What workplace safety protocols should we be implemented into our business?
- We have a plan that we think will help reduce risks of an outbreak in our company, how do we make sure our employees follow the plan?
- Should preparing for a second outbreak be a priority?
- If we’re working towards protecting our business, what should we do to ensure our Supply Chain is doing the same?
- Given the stress COIVD-19 has put on employees and our business, how should we support our employees while trying to build up business demand again?
- We’re looking at a staggered approach to returning to work, what do you recommend we do from an IT support continuity perspective?